Pool Safety and Regulations
Pool Safety for Children
With the ever increasing popularity of backyard pools it is important that you are familiar with and practice proper pool safety etiquette. Even if you so not own your own swimming pool, your friends may and a secure pool is no substitute for proper adult supervision.
Keep Your Swimming Pool Safe
- Ensure the entire fence is in good repair
- Make sure the gates, doors and window locks are in working condition
- Do not leave pool gates or doors propped open
- Leave the pool filter covered at all times
Picking the Right Pool Fence and GateAt Our Town Fencing we are committed to pool safety, which is why we manufacture the DECO FENCE PROMO RANGE which has been NATA tested to be 45% stronger than a standard hollow rail. This exclusive four-fin rail design exceeds the Australian Standards for pool compliance (AS 1926.1-2007). Our pool gates utilise the robust Magna and Lokk Latches from industry leader, D&D Technologies to bring you a superior swimming pool enclosure.
Avoiding a Pool Disaster
- Enrol your child in a swimming course Find more information
- Learn how to resuscitate a child Find more information
- Take a course in CPR Find more information
- Check with your local council that your pool fencing meets regulation
Pool Fencing Laws and Regulations
State laws for pool fencing vary between states in Australia. We encourage you to investigate with your local council whether your pool fencing is compliant with regulations.